April 23, 2016 – my first check up with Dra. Marian. I told her that I want to get pregnant and I have PCOS. She asked about my previous treatment/ procedure related to PCOS. Eventhough I had an OB before she still explained to me how PCOS affect my fertility.
- BLOODTEST to check my hormone. Since my husband already had sperm analysis previously, she didn’t request for another.
- Vitamins: ROGIN E for hubby and FOLICARD B PLUS for me.
- DUPHASTON to induce my period 2x per day for 5 days starting April 29- May 3.
May 7, 2016 my period came- and my scheduled check-up. I liked Dra. Marian because she make sure my body is prepared enough prior pregnancy to reduce the risk of complications.
- VARICELLA and MMR shots (she instructed her secretary to find pedia that will give a shot and she made a letter for that doctor if possible intervals of shots would not take more than month since I want to start my fertility med soon)
- YAZ Pills ( I shouldn’t get pregnant while I’m having my vaccine and the pills will also help regulate my hormones)
- HSG (hysterosalpingogram – procedure to check block fallopian tubes) .
Finally she gave me her cellphone number, and instructed me to text her if I proceed with HSG. Dra. Marian is very caring and super accommodating. She helped me scheduling my procedure.
May 8, 2016– Varicella and MMR vaccine ( 1stshot )
May 14, 2016- Schedule of my HSG at 2 pm. Prior procedure,
Here’s dra.’s instruction:
- Take Doxin ( antiobiotic before ultrasound ) 2x a day for 5 days.
- Take Buscopan and Postan Mefanamic for pain reliever.
I’m so nervous prior HSG and I prayed a lot, not only because dra. said to me it may painful but also the possible result ( because I don’t want to have another infertility issue ? ) . I will be sharing to you my whole experienced on HSG on a separate post.
May 16, 2016 – Follow up check up, reading the result of my blood test and HSG.
- HSG : “Patent both tubes” – Thank you lord. There’s no blockage on my fallopian tubes.
- BLOODTEST : All is normal except PROLACTIN (i think it’s hormone from the brain), It was elevated and dra. advised me for a 2nd opinion on the other clinic on June 2016.
We have to meet again after my last shot of vaccine and 1st day of my menstruation on July. Aside from following Dra. Marian’s instruction, I eat healthy foods and started my PCOS diet. I’m also having full body massage 2x a month to manage my stress. I was determined to combat PCOS.
June 1, 2016 – my period started.
June 4,2016 – Varicella and MMR ( 2nd shot )
June 12, 2016 – Retest of PROLACTIN level. Thank God, it decreased, slightly elevated than normal but according to Dra, it’s ok enough since normal to PCOS woman to have slightly elevated prolactin level. I think my diet helped me a lot since I don’t take any med for this.
July 2, 2016 – my period came. I texted dra. and advised me to proceed to Wellcare Clinic on the 3rd day of my period, 7 am.
July 4, 2016- I went to clinic around 6:30 am. I saw other patients of dra. waiting outside the ultrasound room. Dra. was never late, another thing to love about her. (as we know most of the doctors are late)
- ULTRASOUND – she personally ultrasound me, this one is called FOLLICLE Monitoring ( monitoring of ovary every other day starting day 10 – check if it is going to release an egg and to timing contact as well )
- LEZRA – fertility medicine to be taken on the 3rdday of my period 2x a day for 5 days.
July 11, 2016 – Follicle Monitoring: I have 1 dominant follicle on my right ovary. We are advised to contact every other day.
July 13, 2016 – Follicle Monitoring : still 1 dominant follicle on my right ovary.
July 16, 2016 – Follicle Monitoring : still 1 dominant follicle on my right ovary and I feel sharp pain on my lower abdomen. Normally dominant follicle collapse during cycle 13-15 that’s why I’m started feeling worried. But Dra. keep me calm and told me to wait until July 19, as much as possible she wanted to wait until it collapse naturally but if not then that’s the time, she will inject something ( I don’t remember the name of med but It will help collapse the follicle and release the egg).
July 18, 2016 – Follicle Monitoring : Yehey! With corpus letheum (proof that egg was already released from my ovary). She advised me to take Duphaston from July 21 – 30 for 10 days. According to her if I’m pregnant this will help the baby stick with me but if not my period will start.
Around July 25, 2016 up to the month end, I started feeling bloated or maybe hyperacidity, actually I couldn’t explained my feeling all I know is that I’m not feeling well. And I don’t want to assumed that I’m pregnant already besides I’m not yet delayed and it’s really heartbreaking when you expect.
Then, July 31, 2016 – I used to render overtime until am during month end but this time I came home early because I really feel sick. I still have Pregnancy test kit on my cabinet and tried it that night. I was shock when I saw two lines but very faint line on the second. OMG! I don’t know what to feel, I prayed right away. I tried again the next day (August 1) in the morning, afternoon and at night, ( so paranoid.haha.) still very faint positive. Me and husband still on denial stage, but I told him that this is the first time I saw two lines on PT after trying too many before. LOL.
August 2, 2016 – Tried another PT, 2nd line is much visible now. Yes! We’re pregnant. I texted Dra. and advised to meet her on August 3. I thank god for the answered prayer. And also to Dra. Marian, for being the best doctor in town.
Note: Don’t use medicine without physician’s prescription. All medicine/treatment stated above need to be monitored by specialist and a BIG “NO” for self-medication.
Don’t lose hope PCOS cysters! God is good. If I won my battle over infertility I know you can. Pray harder, that’s the most powerful medicine we could have.
Kindly leave a comment below if you have questions or you want to share your story with me. ?